1. Smart Office
1.1 Strategic planning
Smart Office area intended for the strategic planning of the project, ensuring that it is in continuous evolution, giving a clear vision of what is expected of it in the short, medium and long term.
- Realization of a study of the art of the Smart Islands and the determination of the positioning among the same ones of the initiative.
- Preparation of the four-year strategic plan for the Smart Island project.
- Definition of the integration of all the components of the Smart Platform with the Smart Office.
- Participation in the definition, integration and design of a Integral Dashboard.
- Review of the Communication Plan of those in charge of the Smart Platform.
1.2 Project Management Office (PMO)
The Project Management Office (PMO) will be responsible for integrating the Strategic Plan defined by the Strategic Planning area with the projects.
- Monitoring and control of the activities to be carried out by the Smart Office and the Smart Platform (performance, quality and results).
- Ensure the correct execution of the Communication Plan and the Strategic Plan.
- Supervise the correct fulfillment of the requirements for the different deliverables of the project.
1.3 Communication Management Office (CMO)
The Communication Management Office (CMO) will be responsible for executing the Communication Plan.
- Development of the corporate image manual for La Palma Smart Island project.
- Assistance in the organization and celebration of events related to the project.
- Presentation of results at meetings, conferences, institutional acts, etc.
- Advise La Palma’s Council in the field of patents, licenses and publications.
- Dissemination of information according to the Communication Plan.
- Being a direct point of contact for all those interested in the project (citizens, companies, public administration…) collecting proposals and needs.
- Development and implementation of the Change Management Plan.
- Development and implementation of the Innovation Laboratory.
1.4 Smart Island Office work team
The work team of the Smart Island Office must include leadership profiles and management of the service at a global level and at the level of IT projects.
It must be multidisciplinary and have expert profiles and specialists in business strategy, as well as technical profiles specialized in: software quality/tests, data analysis and innovation.
- A Director of the Smart Office
- An IT Technician
- An Administrative Technician
1.5 Relationship model Smart Island Office-Cabildo de La Palma
It will be necessary to define the relationship between the Smart Island Office and La Palma’s Council through a relationship and governance model.
The main objective of this model is that La Palma’s council has a transversal vision and control over all the activities and tasks that are being carried out within the La Palma Smart Island project.
1.6 The Office: Facilities and equipment
This component encompasses all the facilities, equipment and services necessary for the start-up and operation of the Smart Island Office.
The Smart Office must be located in a physical location located on the island of La Palma, with fiber optic coverage that guarantees at least 600Mb symmetrical connectivity and close to government offices.
It must also be equipped with: offices, meeting room, training room, control room with dashboard and a videowall.
1.7 Platform Management
Manage the Smart Platform and all its components in collaboration with La Palma’s Council, respecting the relationship model mentioned in component 1.5.
2. Smart Platform
2.1 Smart Island Platform
It is the turnkey solution that includes the integration of all the software tools that allow the horizontal management of services implemented in the Council and that include:
- Reading, reception, processing and storage of data
- Integration layers
- Publication of information
2.2 Tourist app
The main objective of the tourist app is to provide useful information to tourists and tourist agents. Some of the functionalities that the application will offer are:
- Provide a conversational access interface using natural language through voice or writing. This interface must allow:
- Request information regarding the destination.
- Receive personalized recommendations based on the user’s profile.
- Request personalized planning of activities to be carried out.
2.3 Content manager
The Content Manager will be part of the Smart Island Platform and will allow centralized management of any type of information stored in the Platform.
It will act as a management interface for the rest of the Smart Platform components, integrating with other services and applications.
Local entities and other organizations will have access to this platform to automatically and centrally update content and import new resources.
2.4 Channel Manager
The Channel Manager will be part of the Smart Island Platform, allowing the centralized management of web channels, apps and other types of channels that require a graphical interface or display information to citizens through information panels.
- Enable centralized integrated management of different types of channels and access to the contents available on the Smart Platform.
- Enable centralized integrated management of different types of channels and access to the contents available on the Smart Platform.
- Enable the construction and management of other future channels.
- It will make available to the public entities of La Palma the necessary services so that they can build and manage their web applications and apps from the Smart Platform.
2.5 Open Government Platform
The Open Government Platform guarantees the right of access to public information and good governance under the terms of the Constitution and the Transparency Law.
It will be integrated in the La Palma Smart Island platform and is composed of:
- “Open Government Public Portal” formed by the sections: Portal Datos Abiertos (Open Data), Transparency, Citizen Participation and Volunteering.
- Administration Back Office, which will allow centralized management of the Open Government Portals of the Cabildo and local entities.
2.6 Facility Reservation Manager
Functionality within the Smart Platform that allows the management of facility reservations by users (citizens, tourists, hotel sector…).
- Citizens will be able to reserve facilities online.
- Tourists will be able to learn about and reserve facilities in advance of their trip.
- Municipalities will make use of underutilized facilities.
2.7 Weather stations and air quality stations
This component corresponds to the supply and installation of 10 new meteorological stations, 10 new air quality stations and their integration into the network of sensors and webcams on the island of La Palma.
Stations are intended to regularly measure and record the elements of weather for the preparation of weather forecasts and climatological studies.
2.8 Information points and Wi-Fi
The purpose of this component is to supply and install 14 Interactive Information Points that offer users tourist information and Wi-Fi connectivity.
These devices will be deployed in each of the 14 municipalities of the island of La Palma.
2.9 Informative videowalls
This component corresponds to the supply and installation of 4 outdoor informative VideoWalls to provide passers-by with information.
The locations in which they will be installed will be such as to provide visibility against the rest of the urban furniture, thus facilitating their location by users.
2.10 Public address warning systems
This component consists of the supply and installation of 4 public address systems for the communication of emergency and other types of warnings to citizens and tourists.
These public address systems will be deployed in different municipalities of the island, in key areas to maximize the efficiency of emergency communication.
2.11 Counting and signaling system for people and vehicles
The purpose of this component is to supply and implement a solution that allows the capture of data on the number of hikers or vehicles passing through points of interest and a signaling system (information panel) that warns about certain characteristics of the road (speeding, number of hikers on the road, cyclist warning on the road, cut path, etc.).
2.12 Traveler information points
The purpose of this component is to provide 10 new Guagua Passenger Information Points and the development of a standard protocol for their control and monitoring.
Each of the points has:
- Structural elements of the intelligent bus stop system (structure, accesses, platforms, wiring, etc).
- Elements necessary for the functionality of the system (screens, communication equipment, solar power equipment, batteries, etc).
- Standardized integration layer, to interact with the transport management software of the Cabildo Insular de La Palma.
This component corresponds to the supply and installation of:
- 10 new generic webcams
- 4 new fire detection webcams
- 4 traffic control webcams
2.14 Intelligent system for emergencies
The Emergency component will be based on a set of services and technological resources currently deployed on the island, as well as others that will be deployed or expanded.
- Integrated communications and emergency management system
- Smart Platform
- Social Networks
- Tourist App
- Environment Portal
- Open Data Portal
- Passage sensors
- Fire detection cameras and software
- Videowalls and public address systems
- Calculation of optimal routes to access emergencies.
2.15 Smart Agro
This component represents a set of services and technological resources aimed at improving the island’s agricultural efficiency.
The farmer, through the mobile app of the Cabildo de La Palma, will enrich the system with data related to pests or other agricultural incidents. Weather and air quality stations will enrich the system with data of environmental interest collected in real time.
Risk suggestions will be provided through the Environment web app.
All this will allow the Smart Agro system to generate information for the farmer, the Smart Office, incident managers and other stakeholders in agriculture on the island.
2.16 Smart waste management
The objective of this component is the definition of an intelligent waste collection management model for the island of La Palma.
The model shall:
- Take into account the needs of residents, visitors and tourists. As well as the type of area (hotels, restaurants, stores, etc).
- Intelligent management of household waste collection based on containers and “door-to-door”.
- Respond to seasonal variation in needs, e.g. due to an increase in tourists.
- To be a predictive model that takes into account seasonality and real-time indicators.
- Define the most appropriate routes for waste collection.
- Study the location of waste collection containers and propose more efficient locations.
2.17 Comprehensive energy resource management system
This component aims to improve the management of buildings and energy in certain locations owned by the Cabildo de La Palma. The aim is to reduce energy expenditure, make a rational use of energy, improve comfort and promote technological progress in the facilities.
Its main objectives are:
- Decrease current electricity consumption by minimizing costs.
- To have reliable, updated and accessible information on the electrical performance of the installations.
- To have a comprehensive energy resource management solution integrated with the Smart Platform.
2.18 Hunt Manager
The hunting manager will be a module within the Smart Platform that allows the management of the data handled by the environmental service of the Cabildo de La Palma in relation to hunting on the island.
It will have to manage data entry and the visualization and management of information by the different users (hunting preserve owners, hunting license holders, Cabildo technicians and other authorized users).
2.19 Corporation Vehicle Tracking System
This component is oriented to the coordination, control and monitoring of the vehicles of the Cabildo de La Palma.
Some of its functions:
- Visualize and manage the 200 vehicles of the Cabildo.
- Convertir los dispositivos en sensores de posicionamiento a través de la app.
- Convert the devices into positioning sensors through the app.
- Delimit work areas and prohibited areas.
- Remote activation and deactivation of GPS.
- Route reconstruction and consultation of historical data.
- Real-time display of all terminals.
2.20 Patrimony management platform (CRM)
This component defines the software platform for the Integral Asset Management of the Island Council of La Palma: assets, real estate, equipment, infrastructures, etc.; and the planning of its spaces and maintenance.
It should solve all the needs of Infrastructure and Service Management in a single modular and scalable product, as well as provide a global technical and service management system, which allows controlling all the information for decision support.
2.21 Network of photometers
This component consists of supplying a network of sensors for online monitoring of night sky quality parameters to expand the 40 photometers already present on the island. It will also allow the management of the network.
- 40 new photometers will be installed.
- Software will be provided to facilitate the configuration, operation and maintenance of the control system and the display panel of the entire photometer network.
- Enable data and zone analysis.
- Enable the creation of analytical maps of night sky quality.
2.22 Supply of hardware and software
This component includes the hardware and software elements necessary for the correct operation of the communications and applications present in the project, in addition to those already available to the Cabildo de La Palma.